Monday, March 17, 2008

Access Hulu Internationally

Logo
Hulu has just come out of private beta.  This great service all the movie studios have put together to compete with piracy is a great thing. It has television and a limited selection of movies.  There is excellent content included if you can handle a little ad here and there.  The only problem is you can't access it unless you live in the United States.  Well with a little googling around you can overcome this.  To save you the trouble I'll tell you what you have to do if you live outside the USA and want to access Hulu.

Point your mouse to the below address and download the software.
http://anchorfree.com/downloads/hotspot-shield/
Once installed and applyed just go straight to Hulu and as long as your internet speed permits the content is your to divulge.

The whole three seasons of Arrested Development is on there.  Not to mention the first seasons of Buffy and Firefly.  Plus some really top class movies.  I just finished watching The Big Lebowski.

Some other great movies on the site for free consumption include:

The Girl Next Door
Ice Age
Titan A.E.
Dude, Where's My Car?
Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World
Planet of the Apes
The Usual Suspects
October Sky
Me, Myself and Irene
Mulholland Drive
Requeim for a Dream
Three Amigos!
Boat Trip
K-Pax
Red Dragon
Man on the Moon
Sideways
Quills
Very Bad Things
Fierce Creatures
and Bulworth
Dude, Where's My Car?
Come to think of it some high quality movies to choose from.  I hope this goes well an they actually do decide to release it outside of America and localize it for other countries because it's a lot of fun to use and the video is very good quality in my opinion.  I want the movie and tv studios to do well to produce high quality material into the future and they need to keep thinking of good ideas like this to do so.  They can't make an enemy of their fans.

So give it a try and tell me what you think.

4 comments:

  1. What do you do after the first couple of movies when you hit the bandwidth limit?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I didn't realize that. I don't know. That's a good point.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I checked out the website and I couldn't find anything about it running out. Unless you could point me to where that information is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The best way to access sites like Hulu internationally is a VPN nowadays. The one I recommend is StrongVPN. You have to pay but it's the most reliable way of doing it.

    ReplyDelete