Thursday, October 13, 2011

Keeping Track of Watched TV Shows & Movies and Plan What To Watch - Updated for 2011 Edition

I posted this as a comment to a previous blog post of mine that was getting a lot of traffic

Geez, well an update by way of comment to this post from the original poster. Re-reading over this I can't believe how much the current services that I use for what I was describing in this post do exactly what I wanted when I wrote the post. This is by far the most visited page on a blog where most of the other pages aren't visited.

My solutions these days that work perfectly for what I need and are free and don't require invites:

As mentioned above by a commenter:
followmy.tv






For TV Show tracking and upcoming episode views and a fairly decent, growing community.

iCheckMovies






For checking off movies and some excellent functionality with regards to popular lists of top movies around the net that you can check off.

And a bonus, fun website for passionate movie lovers who want to have a bit of fun ranking their movies into which ones are their favourites by having face/off matches between your favourite movies. It also keeps track really well of which movies you haven't seen and organizes them into a ranked list of best to worst as voted by the Flickchart community.
Flickchart






And of course if you don't know about IMDb by now you aren't much of a movie lover, but there is an equivalent television show and episode database that I use and find the best called TheTVDB. You can find the link below:
TheTVDB.com




So there you have it. I hope this little summary helps those of you who travel through here looking for solutions to a problem I had in April 11, 2008 that there are now sufficient and exceeding solutions for. If you know of any more that you use and love keep the comments coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment