Friday, August 25, 2006

My TV on DVD Collection

Well I got bored so I'm deciding to do a post about my DVD collection and rate them accordingly to perhaps help some people if they are deciding to get something already in my collection.

The Simpsons Seasons 1-5
Well I bought Season 1 as my first DVD box set back in the day when DVD was the new kid on the block and it made me all tingly owning The Simpsons. I continued to collect over the years but have held back as of late. As far as novelty value, you can't beat it but because I've seen them so many times on TV repeats and will continue to do so it's not as good say as my Family Guy box sets. 7/10

Family Guy Seasons 1-3
Something I didn't see much of in Australian prime time because it wasn't really there for that long before being relegated to the damned 11:30pm timeslot. So i missed it the first time around basically. But like many people I was lucky that DVD had been invented and that Family Guy subsequently had been put on DVD for me to watch when I wanted. Damn fine random comedy. 10/10

The Sopranos Seasons 1-5
Well I can only judge the first three seasons because I haven't watched 4 and 5. Like Family Guy I missed most of The Sopranos because of poor timeslot issues. I pretty much watched the first 3 seasons in two weeks and couldn't get enough of it. It's slowed up a bit now because I'm sort of mob bossed out. But I'm sure there will be a flame rekindled at some point and I'll get going again. 10/10

Star Trek: The Next Generation Season 1
I purchased this because a new box set version was released at a third of the price and while I'd never really seen Star Trek I wanted to see what all the fuss was about. I've seen 10 episodes of the set and it is OK but a little boring now and than. You just have to use your imagination. I'm really liking the robot character Data. 7/10

3rd Rock from the Sun Seasons 1-3
I mainly bought this because the local department store was having a dirt cheap DVD sale and I used to dig 3rd Rock a little. Well I'm 2 episodes in 70 to go. At least I've got something to do if I ever get bored. It's OK I gues considering the price of $15 a season. 5.5/10

Six Feet Under Season 1
Can't get enough of HBO's fine television. Loved Six Feet Under when it was on and even braved the late timeslot. The Series finale was breathtaking. Season 1 ain't as good as the leter seasons but it's the base building blogs for what is to come. I'm probably going to be getting Season 5 when it comes out in Oz. 7.5/10

The Awful Truth Seasons 1 & 2
Well I went through a little Michael Moore phase when I was a teen and read Stupid White Men and Dude, Where's My Country. I also bought his television series. Highlights include throat speaker choir in the tobacco lobby and the gay pride bus lambasting a Fred Phelps Westboro Church picket. 6.5/10

Well that's my collection. Hope it helped some people in deciding to buy or not. The scores are all higher than 5 because I didn't buy stuff that I didn't like. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment